A REVIEW DRAFT of the new Certified Fertilizer Applicator License Manual has been made available through Indiana Farm Bureau and Indiana Pork through the following link: NOTE THIS IS A LARGE FILE
Archive for February, 2011
On Thursday, February 24, from 9:00 a.m. until noon, the Carroll and White County Soil and Water Conservation Districts will hold a Soil Conservation Workshop at the Canal Interpretive Center in Delphi.
Program brochure is attached. BiCoSoilConWorkshop
There is no charge, but the hosts would like to know how many to expect. Please call any of the numbers on the brochure to RSVP
- 8:30 a.m. – Coffee & Refreshments
- 9 a.m. – “Considerations for Conversion to No-Till”
- Dan Towery, Agronomist, Ag Conservation Solutions, LLC
- 10 a.m. – “Soil Quality Issues”
- Dr. Jim Camberato, Dept. of Agronomy, Purdue University
- 11 a.m. – “Equipment Modifications for No-Till” and “USDA Program Updates”
- Bruce Waibel, Precision Planting Representative
- Collette Zeigler-Staley, FSA White County Executive Director
- Joe O’Donnell, NRCS Carroll County District Conservationist
Featured speaker for the meeting will be Mike Titus with a talk on farm safety and regulation.
We will also take nominations for directors to be voted on at the Annual meeting.
Treasurer Maurice Robeson asks for 2 volunteers to review the CCAA 2010 financial records.
Refreshments will be served, and the meeting is expected to last about an hour.
The CAFO Annual Report is due February 15.
Follow this link to the report for easy access:
Come for lunch and bring your questions about current issues in crop production, precision planting, nitrogen issues and marketing. Woody Nichols, Brenton Peters and Nick Root will be on hand to facilitate discussion, and an agronomist and marketing specialist will also be on hand to answer questions. Meal provided by Custom Select. This is a question and answer forum.
- Date: Wednesday February 16
- Time: 11:30 a.m.
- Location: 4H Building (Flora)
Please RSVP for a head count for meals:
Mississippi River Basin Initiative
Cooperative Conservation Partnership Initiative
Learn more about EQIP and WHIP programs
The Delphi Rotary Club will be hosting:
“AG APPRECIATION LUNCH”
On Tuesday, February 8th from Noon-1:00pm
At the Delphi United Methodist Church.
Guest speaker: Ken Yeagar from Indiana Farm Bureau will discuss the 2012 Farm Bill
For additional information, please contact:
Brad Farrer, Community Banker — Regions Bank *765-564-3216
Program Speakers Include:
- Chris Hurt, Purdue University
- Brian Richert, Purdue University
- Dave Murray, Indiana Packers
- Josh Trenary, Indiana Pork
- John Nagle, Indiana State Department of Agriculture
- Brian Payne, Boehringer-Ingelheim Vetmedica
More information, including registration, can be found on the attached flyers: